The Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration invites anyone with knowledge and experience of the interaction between the UK immigration system and the social care sector to submit evidence to inform an inspection in this area.
The Independent Chief Inspector is interested in assessing the extent to which the Home Office’s immigration functions support the social care sector. To that end, it is expected that this inspection will adopt a broad perspective on the interaction between the UK’s immigration system and the social care sector, examining such areas as:
- the effectiveness and efficiency of the health and care worker visa route
- the extent and quality of communication and engagement between the Home Office and the social care sector
- the current suitability of the Home Office’s licencing system for health and care worker visa sponsorship
- the effectiveness of the Home Office’s compliance requirements on sponsors, including how these safeguard employees from exploitation
- the Home Office’s progress towards delivery of their transformation plan, ‘The UK’s Points-Based Immigration System Sponsorship Roadmap’ (published in August 2021) and the effectiveness of any implemented changes.
This call for evidence will remain open until 11 September 2023.
The Independent Chief Inspector would be pleased to hear both what is working well and what could be improved. Information received in response to this call for evidence will play an important part in defining the scope and focus of the inspection. Submissions touching on any and all areas of interest to the sector, including those that may not be mentioned above, are therefore welcome.
The information you submit may be quoted in the final inspection report, but it is the ICIBI’s practice not to name sources and to anonymise as much as possible any examples or case studies.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) we need your permission to process and retain the information you submit. By clicking here, a statement will automatically be added to your email.
Alternatively, or if you are using a non-compatible email client, then please send your submission to, email@example.com and add ‘social care call for evidence’ in the subject line and the following consent statement in the body of your email: “I consent to the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration retaining and processing the information and data in this email.”
Read more here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/call-for-evidence-an-inspection-of-the-immigration-system-as-it-relates-to-the-social-care-sector